INTERUV: Joint Programmes - facilitator for university internationalisation was an initiative of Erasmus Mundus National Structures from 15 European countries (Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Slovakia and United Kingdom).
The INTERUV project focused on:
- the promotion of the idea of joint study programmes among higher education institutions (HEIs) from the EU and third countries from the geographical regions neighbouring the EU;
- supporting HEIs in introducing joint study programmes into their institutional strategies for internationalisation;
- the capacity building of institutions acting at present as Erasmus Mundus National Structures and National Tempus Offices in order to help them in the transition period of preparation for the new programme Erasmus for All to be implemented in years 2014-2012.
The INTERUV project supported the international cooperation, development and implementation of joint programmes of European universities together with higher education institutions coming from the following regions:
- Eastern Neighbouring Region: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine
- Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, FYROM
- Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Southern Neighbouring Region: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, occupied territory of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia